Saturday, April 18, 2009

Yes Virginia, there is a...Job!

I don’t want to be one of those people who complains all the time but never acknowledges it when good things happen. I have been very remiss in reporting an unbelievable turn of events. I was unhappy with the job I took after losing my long-term position at a residential home builder that went out of business. I stuck with this new job for 5 months and it became apparent that it was not a good match for me. My boss was as unhappy with me as I was with the job. Of course, no one wants to be looking for work during such a disastrous economic crisis. However, eventually I had no choice but to apply for a new position at a different company. I was not looking forward to the process, as I had just gone through it less than a year ago.

STOP THE PRESSES – WE’VE GOT A WINNER HERE!

After only 1 week I received a call from an educational company and went in for an interview. I got the job within the same week! Things like that don’t happen at a time like this and certainly they don’t happen to me. The last time I looked for a job it took 7 months and I know several people who have been looking for over a year. The Employment God smiled down on me and I am happily situated at a job I really enjoy. It’s not as close to home as I’d like it to be, but there was a move in my future anyway. All I have to do now is to wait till the housing market improves. Hmmm. That should be around 2012 or so.

The commute aside, I am very grateful to have found this great job. You can catch me jammed up on Rt. 53 every morning and evening Monday through Friday or creeping down Palatine Road when 53 has sent me into fits of impatience. I’ll be smiling through my grit teeth.

No comments: